Tuesday, July 14, 2009

7/12 Pick the one that STICKS

Hi Lee. You are the one that sticks. Maybe NOT in the way you wish you were the one that sticks. Maybe you ARE the one that sticks in the way you wish to stick. Or you don't realize you are sticking in the way you wish to stick. Like peanut butter that I give to a dog to stop him from barking for awhile, your nastiness has wrenched my thought patterns and serves to distract me in this time being. Your personality is a science experiment on a horribly wrong kind of VELCRO. I was nice to you, and you took that cue, thinking that you were sticking with an industrial strength adhesive--but those chemicals be TOO STRONG FOR ME--I just want to be free. Go back in the lab, and maybe you will see why I recoiled and told you to stay away from me. Instead, you reer and hiss...obviously hurt from your stick-less entry, the automatic transmission which puts your unconscious motives in charge and not what your ego thinks you could be...

grr...

Who, me? No, I haven't seen this on tv, do I know you from somwhere? A roller coaster ride or a singles supper club? A pta meeting? Why is this attracted to me? This subconscious plea seems to me something I could have released a hold on every time someone may have just been "being nice to me" but instead I was the velcro factory, aggressively creating fabrications, thick tapestries woven together with scotch tape and snot, glitter and glue. I was the one who couldn't see, so now it's bouncing off of you and sticking to me.

1 comment:

Derrick Gwinner said...

Very nice. Made me think of 'like a rolling stone' which bob says was an off-the-cuff put down, put down rhythmically on a typewriter. Also, dunno if you realized it, but VELCRO was the analogy I used to describe our energies while I was visiting.

To top it off, I'm listening to the eels' 'blinking lights' for the first time in a very long time, as I check your blog and find a long awaited update, and it makes me remember listening to this album as we drove back from KC after meeting your fam for the first time (I'd just bought this album and a DJ Spooky/Meat Beat Manifesto collaboration not long after THE party and listened to them both for first time on your computer at your apartment), you asleep in passenger side but hand firmly in mine as I tend the wheel.

O, time, distance, difference, and memory!