Monday, February 23, 2009

Day 3--Nashua

I forgot to mention in my last post that I sleep in the same room with their recently deceased cat Midnight's ashes. As I drifted off that first night, after Mags finished the story and asked me if I wanted the Christmas lights on or off (I opted for off), a huge sensation said, "HEY it's OKAY!!!" then cruised through my body. Woah. The last time I slept in Justine's room it was August and Midnight was alive. I remember waking with a start at three in the morning to see Midnight sitting perfectly still, mugging me with her queer yellow eyes. This had given me the willies. But this time, her presence is definitely felt, but it seems comfortable.

Photobucket

Last night I got to spend time with one of my kindred spirits, the lovely Magdalene.

Photobucket

We sat by the fire in the fireplace and listened to an lp of a flautist playing in the taj mahal. We attempted to make henna past but failed. We found a teal fine point sharpie and drew crazy ass gardens on each other's heart centers. I decided that if I were a high school art teacher one of the assignments I would give would be to make a crazy ass garden somewhere you wouldn't normally find a crazy ass garden.

Photobucket

We read aloud out of our journals to each other, stuck our candy in the air, watched animation shorts, traded back rubs, spilled things, ate burnt popcorn. It was a pretty good time.

This morning we went to their local Salvatorre Armani's (What they call salvation army) and I picked up this sweet sweater. What do you think about that?!

Photobucket

No comments: