Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You See Black and I See Shadows.

Photobucket
So now I have been to King Kone. PhotobucketMy last soft serve related blog had it wrong--that place was Dairy Cone. Today I went to King Kone with two volunteers, Adam and Thomas, and it was one of those times I wish could be captured on keyboard but the best I could do was just breathe into it and not miss a moment. Shouldn't all life be like that? What the hell is art for anyway?

If I had a voice recorder maybe that could be a start to explaining my voyage for art supplies and ice cream. Adam Photobucketis one of those talkers who never stops and his mind of full of non-sequiturs, stories, rants, and randomness. His driving is crazy but for some reason didn't scare me. Maybe because I had no choice, or maybe because I was busy laughing my ass off. I also think he curses more than any other volunteer. He is not capable of sucking up or being socially appropriate. Also in the car was Thomas, Photobucketa very quiet guy and a triple Cancer, who was, like me, busy laughing his ass off. But it wasn't the Adam Show, that's not what I want it to seem like. That's just what he is made of. His energy is rubbery and silly but gruff at the same time, a funny combination. People are put off by him but they talk to him anyway.

The highlighted ongoing joke on the journey was honking at people walking on sidewalks and then waving away from them. Like waving at the pretend person walking on the exact opposite side of the street.

But the great thing about Adam is he has markers and paint pens. Lots of them, and they are FUN. This morning he was like, "I want to make some Drorrings, I'm going to do some drorring." He wasn't trying to be funny, that's how he actually talks. He makes some wacky drawings on standard size business envelopes. Lots of ladies, faces, fish, birds made from a mind full of non-sequiturs (as mentioned earlier) but also a mind with an eye for monochromatic color and texture. His talent could definitely be developed. He described one time walking into Parsons School of Design trying to see what could happen (I'm not sure what) but totally being ignored or laughed at or something.

I think I decided today that my mind is good at looking at macrocosms and also microcosms. I think that was what my winter 08 work was good for (http://www.perlow-stevensgallery.com/painting/merrello.php). I'm revisiting that work right now in small studies with drawing materials. I'm really getting into drawing materials thanks to Adam, something I haven't been into in a really long time (That's what I meant when I said the really great thing about Adam). Using what I have learned from all of my digital manipulation I have done and lending that knowledge to painterly techniques in the real world.

I feel like a painter and an inventor, which are both cool things to feel like and access. I've felt this way since the moon has gone into Cancer yesterday. Stay tuned. I'm working on an installation idea, some tattoo art ideas (not for human bodies), earthworks, a patent, and hopefully a commission. Something's cooking. '

Much LOVE to you!!! Send some for yourself and then send some out to someone else.

Holler,

Dr. Dream

1 comment:

Mary Schroer said...

You look SO Schroer shoving that icecream in you mouth.
Auntie Mary