Thursday, December 18, 2008

Update

Life is great and fast paced.

I will be in KC from the evening of December 23-afternoon December 27.

I am in the process of manifesting a trip to Columbia for True/False 2009.

My job is going well, my art career seems to be picking up and I have updated my myspace page to that extent. I still do not have a 'real' website but you can keep up with me at http://www.myspace.com/colorsmakeshapes. Starting in January, my service at Kripalu will be significantly fewer hours, and I will have plenty of time to make artwork, which seems to snowball every time I have a day off.

Also, in terms of keeping in touch, I have been very good at facebook lately. Check me out under my full name: Andrea Merello

The volunteer community is preparing to welcome 35 new volunteers on January 5, in addition to the 21 of us who are staying. Compared to the normal 40 people, this will be quite a change to have almost 60. In the meantime, the whole facility has been closed this week for deep cleaning, door replacement, and some carpet replacement, and I got three days off in a row. It has been a great chance to pause and see where I'm at in terms of where I physically live in my community, my artwork/art career, where I'd like to travel in the near future, and what my life is looking like in general.

No comments: