Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Albany Airport

In the dream it was round. It was early morning or late night. I was one of few in the Albany airport, left behind somehow.

I was waiting FOREVER for a checked bag. At one point I went in an elevator and the elevator crashed out the top of the building. I sluggishly thought to myself, huh, how about that? I think my ride finally came at the end.

So a tedious dream, and a dream that told me to not check my bag or take any elevators.

My actual experience in waking (sleeping) life, on today, Christmas Eve Eve:

Stood in line at the United counter for a 4:45 flight. Noticed tingling in my mouth and feet. Decided the amped flow of energy was okay. Noticed a woman 20 feet away who looked like she was from Georgia shove an entire cookie in her mouth, and then offer some to the strangers in line behind her. I didn't hear anything she said, but liked all the expression on her face. She would hold eye contact briefly, then turn her head 180 degrees to look away. Noticed a sweet woman in front of me, classy, with a little balding mother on a walker. Noticed a family behind me with a skinny bucktoothed 11(?) year old girl. The girl was chewing her nails and the mother told her (repeatedly) it was an ugly habit, and did she want to end up looking like her uncle and her grandpa? Did she want people to think she had an ugly habit? Did she want worms in her stomach?

What a nag.

Around then, I realized that no one was using the fast computer check in and I checked in. Walked up to security. Got through, but they noticed my water bottle, my gold sigg bottle. I was asked to dump the water and come back through. I walked out, chugged, walked back in to a different line. Was asked to step into an "air pressure booth" to see if I had explosives residue on me. It was terrible, a vibrating monster who tried to zap chi from my pores. I held strong though, and proceeded. I went through, and one of my gifts, a bottle of liquid, was denied access. I was asked to just put it in my suitcase and check the suitcase.

I stood in United line, again, numbly, to have my bag checked. But what about the dream? My checked bag was a huge hassle in the dream. I went to the bathroom and poured most of the contents of the bottle into a vitamin container, which appeared to be considerably smaller than the original bottle but was about the same size. I went back through security and the woman was furious. What about the other TWO bottles of liquid? I hadn't thought of those. Shit. Why are these guards making this such a slow and prolonged process? Am I supposed to be processing something. Is something trying to spell itself out for me?

I checked the bag. The computer was choking and wouldn't print the sticker to check my bag. I started to remember how Jeff Triplat said when things are stopping you from doing what you are trying to do, it is a message. Well, Jeff, is this a message or is this just the holidays? That's the question I was asking while my bag posed on the scale, waiting to be dressed with its sticker and encounter its destiny. I got a dream, and three security run ins. And the fact that I bought those three illegal gifts in the first place without thinking. What's going on? I felt asleep, feeling annoyed at the cryptic and sluggish nature of waking life. I am very confused.

My fourth attempt through security was successful. All of the security guards were pretty happy for me.

Now my flight has been delayed four hours, I wonder what will happen next.

No comments: