Thursday, May 14, 2009

Mendhi Project

I have taken on a new project. A new inquiry into the healing of the divine feminine that combines some pertinent aspects of my life.

Background:

As an artist, I have struggled over the past few years with the idea of 'object making'. As life is inherently transient and full of change, how logical is it to create something that exists stiffly in time. I understand that having a beautiful painting in the living room and being with it daily can be a powerful transformational experience. However it is still a challenge to know what a burden 'stuff' can be. And I felt funny about adding more 'stuff' to our material world. Thus I switched to digital artwork. Which I am extremely grateful for because it has informed my pattern making and my brain in terms of knowing how to explore potential. Which I don't think I could have done on the earth realm. However I don't care for working away from the earth. I missed the act of having supplies and being in relationship with them. I missed creating things with my hands.

Starting in February I became a teacher of Yoga Nidra. I have kept this teaching practice twice per week for the past 3-4 months. Through this practice the act of release and letting more powerful forces 'work through me' has become increasingly more important. I have started to communicate sincerely and directly with my guides and give up my labors to a higher purpose. This non-attachment to outcome is also a key element of the practice of Karma yoga, which happens to be the focus of my practice this year living at the Kripalu Center. So as I relenquish control, I have started to notice an astonishing power of healing that moves through me and not from me. Many people have experienced profound healing with me, but I didn't 'heal' per se, I simply held the space to enable it to happen.

In April I received an interesting attunement that seems to complement this established yoga nidra practice. I attended a weekend program with Sri Raniji and she and her assistants gave me heart blessings all weekend long. This was the point where I felt my communication with spirit become more clear. I also have an easier time living from my heart since this experience.

A couple of weeks ago I went to see one of my favorite teachers Jeff Triplat. One of the main ideas I have received from his teachings over the past nine months is that light comes from darkness. That a reawakening of the divine femine is COMING and coming from a deep scarring of the divine feminine that exists currently. All false constructs are currently breaking down and we are moving into a period of peace. I, in my own small way, am going to be facilitating this healing as well. This is important to me.

The large connector to all of this that around the time of the heart attunement in April I became aquainted more clearly with a spirit who is telling me that in order to heal the feminine pain in my lineage and in the world, I need to make art about it. She was pretty emphatic. So I have been asking for a lot of guidance on the way in which I am supposed to do this. Or, in the latest words I have been borrowing from Jeff, "Let me know what it is I can do to bring about heaven on earth." And it has been coming to me with rapidly accelerating clarity since the beginning of May. It wants me to work with an ancient feminine art form, henna, and channel healing energy to body parts in the form of these unique and sacred imprints. I don't quite understand it yet, but I wake up with an incredible sense of purpose since I have started this practice. When I am not hennaing I think about hennaing. I am ordering nicer materials and researching techniques. Finding more about this seemingly alchemical and personal art form.

No comments: